15 August 2011

Being a house husband!

Meet Joel the "House Husband. It's was a weird yet wonderful feeling to stay home this morning instead of going to work! But don't think I'm slacking off because I'm staying home to do work of another kind as I have a to-do list a mile long. There is so much to do to prepare for our move and much of it needs to be done in the next three days before I head north to Canada on my fishing trip. Priority #1 for today: get my resume up-to-date and apply for some jobs with the Navy in Japan. Then I will take all my unwanted clothes to Goodwill and start bringing boxes down from the attic and up from the basement (the movers won't go to either of those places when they pack us up). And lastly, I hope to find some Garmin maps of Japan in English today...wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun - good luck with the preparations! Am sure its exciting and daunting at the same time.

    Great idea with the blog, I know a lot of us will be interested to get the updates. Will just cross my fingers and hope we get more posts than we did with the "home remodeling blog" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we've already surpassed the number of posts on here than we did on the House blog. Feel free to send us a nasty note if we start slacking and you need more updates...

    ReplyDelete