10 June 2013

Marine Corps Ball

The Marine Corps Ball occurred last year in November. I know, I know, it's months late, but I want to rewind and cover a couple of things we missed in our rush to blog about Cambodia and Vietnam. So here we go!

The actual Marine Corps birthday is on 10 November, but due to the large number of folks here on base and the lack of a large enough venue, they schedule the Ball for three consecutive nights and assign different units to each evening. As civilians, we follow H&HS (and thankfully a lot of our friends are in this unit!), so we got to go on Saturday night - the actual birthday!

The evening inspired so much patriotism as there was a guest speaker and presentation of the Marine Corps uniforms over the years. It was such an honor to be included in the special celebration and we are so proud of the men and women that serve our country!

We started the afternoon at our friends', Jon and Tracy's, house to get our hair and makeup action on! Btw, Tracy blames my apple Sangria for her current pregnancy, LOL

By the time we got to my hair, I was a little concerned about how we were doing on time.

We walked to the local playground to take some before Ball shots





Token Tebow pic :-p

Our amazing photographer, Elena!


I consider this to be my "Stretch Armstrong" shot... look at my shoulders, Ewww! LOL

Breaking in or out?

Hangin' with some of my favorite ladies



Our wonderful friends, Nick and Neda

It was a super fun evening and we had a great time dressing up, eating tasty food, and tearin' it up on the dance floor. Definitely an awesome experience, and one we can't wait to repeat this year!!




Oh, but wait... I CAN'T forget to add this gem:

I swear, I've gotta be the biggest dork in the world! LOL! Good thing Joel is so good lookin' to balance us out a tad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment