24 February 2014

FINALLY!!

I (Kirk) have wanted to be baptized for a REALLY long time. Don't ask me why or how it took me so many years, but I simply haven't felt connected to a church body for so, so long AND I wanted it to be in a setting with impact and meaning since baptism is such an enormous testimony to my faith and belief in Christ.

So now I can say: that place was Iwakuni, Japan. In November. On base. In the gym pool.

Joel and I have made some AMAZING friends and can truly say we have "family" at our church, Calvary Chapel Iwakuni. A bunch of folks gathered on a Friday night to witness myself and one other church member be baptized. These are truly stellar people and we cannot say enough about how much we love them!

We met with Pastor Glen and his family prior to the baptism where I shared my testimony. How freeing and therapeutic to share my journey and recount the many ways God has blessed me throughout my life and the many experiences I have had that have shaped me into who I am today. I truly believe that I have grown in leaps and bounds spiritually since moving to Japan and KNEW it was time to make a public proclamation via baptism as a testimony to my faith in Jesus.

Here's a little play-by-play action:

Getting my serious face on for answering a few questions about God's role in my life and my belief in Him...

OK, serious stuff out of the way...

Oh man, here comes the dunk! 

Joel was really happy to be a part of my "dunk-age". I wasn't sure I could trust him not to hold me down for a couple extra seconds or not, but he did a fine job. :)

It's official!!! Baptism COMPLETE.

Why did this take me so long?? I LOVE YOU, LORD!!

A good sampling of our church family. Y'all are such leaders, mentors, family and friends. Thank you ALL for all that you do!!
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment